It’s that time of year again. As summer winds down and cooler temperatures arrive, residents should prepare for HVAC maintenance or any necessary HVAC repairs. Aside from this, there are several things that you should do first to prevent having any issues with your heater in the future.
Though El Paso has notoriously long, severe summers, the winters can bring extremely cold temperatures. This is why Scott Heating & Cooling provides exceptional residential heating services to El Paso and nearby areas. We know it’s unpleasant when a heater fails in the middle of winter- so we ensure reliable service.
If you require HVAC maintenance or repair to prepare your heating system for this El Paso winter, contact us online or call (915) 595-4529 today!
Be Sure To Take Care of These Five Things First
The winter is coming, and it’s time to start thinking about making sure your heater is functioning correctly. Here are just some of the steps you can take to ensure the proper function of your heater and keep your home cozy without risking repair costs:
- Make sure it’s clean. Your home’s heating system may have been off for months. It’s important to give it a thorough cleaning before using it again. This can help prevent more severe problems like carbon monoxide poisoning from occurring during the cold winter months.
- Look for air leaks. Check your home’s windows and doors for drafts. Feeling a cold draft? Caulking and weatherstripping could be the best investment you could ever make. Not only will these solutions improve your indoor comfort, but they’ll also decrease how much you spend on heating, helping to prevent the need for an HVAC repair.
- Change any filters. Filters help keep dust out of your home, but over time they can become clogged with dust and debris from the air outside. Cleaning them will make sure that they’re working correctly and allow for better air quality in your home. HVAC maintenance can also solve this issue.
- Clean inside ducts and vents (if applicable). If you have an older HVAC system with ducts running through walls or ceilings, you’ll want to ensure that they’re free of dust before turning on the heater again. Having dust in these areas could lead to insulation issues or other problems down the line that could result in the need for HVAC repair if left untreated now.
- Test safety monitors. Remember to put smoke, radon, and carbon monoxide detectors in your house. Purchase some if you haven’t already. Before turning on your heater, it’s important to check the batteries in each detector and ensure they’re working properly before proceeding with use.
- Schedule an HVAC maintenance appointment. A professional should inspect your HVAC system twice a year – once in the spring when you’re preparing to use it for the first time and again in the fall. This will ensure you prevent any possible issues from ever arising, saving you both money and stress down the line.
Residential Heating Services for El Paso
Scott Heating & Cooling has been servicing El Paso homeowners for decades. All of our specialists are NATE certified (North America Technician Excellence) and will take care of all your needs, from routine maintenance to complete installation or repair work. We carry some of the finest products available on today’s market, such as Goodman Manufacturing, Andover Gas Products Company, and Briggs & Stratton Corporation.
Don’t put off checking your heater until the cold weather arrives. Scott Heating & Cooling has specialists who are ready to assist you. Don’t hesitate to contact us online or call (915) 595-4529 today!