If you live in El Paso, TX, then you are no stranger to the hot summers this wonderful state can have. With hot summers come high electric bills, and your AC unit is the number one cause of it. We will discuss money-saving tips on how to reduce your AC energy consumption.
Scott Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing, an AC company out of El Paso, offers the best installation, maintenance, and repairs on AC units for El Paso citizens suffering from intense heat. If you’re looking to upgrade your AC unit to be more energy (and cost) efficient, we’re the team to talk to. Give our office a call at (915) 595-4529, or contact us online today!
Save Your Wallet!
Did you know your AC unit consumes more than half of your energy bill in the summer? Even though that’s a high percentage, what are you supposed to do when the heat is unbearable? It’s dangerous to let your house get too warm, but you also want to save money. Read below for a list of ways to save AC energy consumption in your home.
- Upgrade Your Unit- If your system is older than 10 years, upgrading to a newer model will significantly change your energy bill. Scott Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing, an AC company in El Paso, can swap out that old and costly unit that is more energy and cost-efficient.
- Check Air Filters- Dirty air filters put more stress on your unit, which causes more energy to be used to cool your home. Even though cleaning out air filters is fairly easy, an El Paso AC company can do this for you if you’re unable.
- Schedule Routine Maintenance- If it’s been a while since you’ve had your unit serviced by an AC company, then it’s best to get that done right away. By scheduling routine maintenance, you’re potentially avoiding problems before they happen, which can save you money in the long run.
- Programmable Thermostat- When you’re at work, then there’s no need to cool down a home that no one’s inside. By using a programmable thermostat, you can set the temperature to 15 degrees more during your work hours. You will save around 15% on energy costs by doing this.
- Check the Coils- If you have an outdoor unit, the coils can collect debris or dust, which can reduce the efficiency of your unit, thus raising the costs of cooling your home. Similar to air filters, coils are easy to clean; however, a professional AC company can assist you if needed.
Trusted AC Company in El Paso
Scott Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing is El Paso’s most affordable and trustworthy AC repair and maintenance team. We are dedicated to helping the people of the Southwest with any AC service they may need. Call (915) 595-4529 to find out more about what we can do for you!