The time has come when we can finally put our refrigerated air conditioners to rest for the long winter ahead. However, just because you won’t be using your AC units doesn’t mean you should ignore them until spring.
At Scott Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing, located in El Paso, we offer refrigerated air conditioner maintenance, repair, and installation. With our 24/7 emergency service, we can guarantee we will get your HVAC units up and operational. If you want to hear more about our services, give us a call at (915) 595-4529 or contact us online today.
Tips and Tricks
Like any piece of machinery, refrigerated air units have a life expectancy. In order to make sure your unit reaches its full capacity, there are certain maintenance and preventive strategies you should consider. Read below for a list of tips for extending the life of your refrigerated air unit.
- Watch Other Electricity Usage- Electronics in your house can give off heat, which can affect the AC usage in your home.
- Keep Vents Clear and Clean- Clogged vents will cause your El Paso refrigerated air unit to break down. Clogged vents will cause your AC to work harder.
- Take Care of Your Ducts- Leaky ducts can cause air to seep out, therefore putting more stress on your unit to cool your home.
- Clean Outdoor Area Often- Grass and other debris can clog your refrigerated air unit and cause it to overheat. Cleaning this is something you can do on your own, but professionals will clean it, too.
- Change Air Filters Regularly- Changing the air filters frequently helps extend the life of your unit and allows it to work properly.
- Call Professionals for Any Repairs- If your refrigerated air conditioner breaks down, you should avoid attempting to fix the issue yourself. Always call a professional if repairs are needed.
- Try a Smart Thermostat- Using a smart thermostat is a great way to give your unit a break when you’re not home. You can program it to kick on just as you’re about to come home from work.
Refrigerated Air Maintenance in El Paso
Scott Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing in El Paso can assist with any refrigerated air issue your unit might have. If you’re interested in receiving top-notch service from local professionals, we’re the team to contact. Call (915) 595-4529 today!